The 39th CSU Fullerton Philosophy Symposium
Self-awareness, Self-thought, Self-reference, and Self-knowledge.
Date: April 29-30, 2009
Location: California State University at Fullerton
(Photographers: Jonevin Sabado, Angela Dibelka, Sandra Woloschuk)
(In alphabetical order)
David Chalmers. Australian National University. Title: "Consciousness and Self-Knowledge"
(Designed by Professor Mitch Avila, Department of Philosophy, CSU Fullerton)
Dean of College of Humanities and Social Sciences, Vice President of Academic Affairs, The Philosophy Club, The Philosophy Alumni Club, and the Inter Club Council
Thanks also to the contribution of an alumnus George Abiaad.
Department of Philosophy
Student Organizing Committee Chairs:
Pamela Chui, President of the Philosophy Club
Mimi Vong, Vice President of the Philosophy Club
Student Organizing Committee Members: Kyle Bova, Farzad Mozafarzadeh
Department of Philosophy
For further information, please contact JeeLoo Liu
The Symposium takes place on the campus of California State University, Fullerton. All sessions will be held in the Titan Theater in the Titan Student Union (TSU), except the Thursday afternoon sessions. See TSU map.
NEW: The afternoon sessions on April 30 will be moved to the Pollak Library PL-130. See library floor plan.
Lodging Information: A block of rooms has been reserved at Fullerton Marriott for a discounted rate of $135. The hotel is right by campus, with about 10 minutes walk to the conference site. When making the reservation, please mention the block name: "CSUF Philosophy Conference." You can make your reservation by calling 800-228-9290. (Maps and Transportation from nearby Airports) [If you need a shuttle from the airport to the hotel, a popular service in the area is Supper Shuttle.]
2701 East Nutwood Avenue
Fullerton, California 92831 USA
Advance Registration Form Registration is free. We would like to receive advance registrations so that we can have an estimate of the number of participants. The auditorium has limited seats. So if you plan to come on either day, please notify us in advance. [Pre-registration is now closed.]
Parking Information: The closest parking structure is State College Parking Structure (SCPS on the map [Campus map]), right next to the Symposium site: Titan Student Union (TSU on the map). If you arrive before the first talk of the day, there should be no problem in finding a parking space. You must purchase a parking permit. The cost of a daily permit is $8.00, good for the whole day. Permit machines are open all day and can be found on the second, fourth and sixth floor (near the elevator) of the parking structure. The yellow permit machines accept one and five dollar bills only. You may also purchase a parking permit in advance by filling up the online form.
Driving directions and other parking information can be found at http://parking.fullerton.edu/Maps
Dining Facilities On Site (fast food options for lunch)
Recommended restaurants within 10 minutes' drive from the Marriott (if you have a car)
(1) Cafe Hidalgo -- Modern Southwestern restaurant with heavy seafood emphasis. [Address: 305 N Harbor Blvd Step 111, Fullerton, CA 92832 Phone: (714) 447-3202]
(2) Fun Sushi Mo mo -- Tasty sushi rolls and other interesting Japanese cuisine. [Address: 208 North Harbor Boulevard Fullerton, California 92832. (714) 525-8974.]
(3) Envy Ultra Lounge -- Nice cocktail bar with elegant simple dinner. [Address: 118 West Wiltshire Avenue, Fullerton, CA 92832 Phone: 714-525-8051]
(4) Alizarin Tap as Restaurant -- Featuring tap as and other Spanish cuisine. [Address: 310 N Harbor Blvd, Fullerton, CA 83832 Phone: 714-879-9009]
Simple restaurants within 10 minutes' walk from the Marriott (if you don't have a car) -- Chapman & St. College has many fast food options, but there are also other options:
(1) Thai Raman — 2500 E. Chapman Ave. (at St. College). Authentic Thai cuisine, entrees start at $5.25. Open 11 am. to 9:30 p.m., Fri/Sat 11 am. to 10 p.m.
(2) Thai Basil — 2431 E. Chapman Ave. (@ St. College). Open 7 days from 11 am to 9:30 pm (10 pm Fri & Sat). Accepts Disc/Visa/Master/Amex. Entrees start at $5.50.
(3) Panera Bread -- sandwiches, soup. [2415 East Chapman Avenue (near St. College). Fullerton, CA 92838 (714) 526-1777]
(4) Cantina Lounge -- right across from the Marriott. A sports bar with dinner. [Address: 2736 E Nutwood Ave Fullerton, CA 92831(714) 879-8094]